Who are we?
We are Kate Stoddart-Scott t/a Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography, The Long Barn, Mountmill Farm, Stratford Road, Wicken, Milton Keynes, MK19 6DG. We are the data controller responsible for your personal data.
Website use – katestoddartscott.co.uk
Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its website users and its customers.
The Site uses a WordPress hosting platform. Your data may be stored through WordPress’s data storage, databases and their general applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
The site utilises systems that are designed to prevent unauthorised access to any personal data you may submit on the Site. The Site maintains data accuracy and guarantees the correct use of the information under this statement. The systems used at The Site comply with the latest security standards and include necessary electronic, physical, and managerial procedures, which help to protect the information collected online and to ensure and guarantee its correct and safe use. Nevertheless, due to the fact that no data can be 100% free on the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any information submitted to us will be totally secure and safe. Users provide the information at their own risk. The Site constantly assesses and evaluates the abilities of new technologies in providing the additional protection of the information where possible.
The use of http://www.katestoddartscott.co.uk does not require any personal information when you visit our Site. Should you wish to provide your personal details on the course of a product related enquiry or in transacting to receive additional information – any information you provide to us will be protected from unauthorised access and you will be informed of exactly how your information is to be used. The details below state the exact way in which information practices are handled by Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography below;
Your Personal Information
By Personal Information we are referring to a visitor’s personal name, e-mail address and any other information they deem fit to provide. Personal Information can be gathered via an online contact form, by the posting of a comment in relation to content on the site, or by interacting with one of Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography’s Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest). We may also request Personal Information when hosting a competition whereby applicants must apply to participate.
Under no circumstances will any Personal Information be used for anything other than the reason it has been submitted for. We reserve the right to use any Personal Information for promotion administration purposes, including but not limited to verification and notification of winners as applicable.
All correspondence to Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography via email, social media, website, contact form, messenger are password protected and Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography is solely responsible for the handling and managing of all personal data.
All electronic devices where your Personal Information is stored, for example, mobile phone, tablet and desktop, all contain passwords. Images are stored on external hard drives which are password protected. Any paper documents where your Personal Information can be accessed are stored in a secure, private location only accessible by Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography.
Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography may at times use an assistant or a second shooter, under these circumstances they will have access to your name and telephone number for the duration of the event. All paperwork with this Personal Information on will be destroyed after the event has been carried out.
Personal information shall not be shared with Third Party operators or websites, unless considered necessary when completing your transaction. For example, Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography uses shootproof.com as a means to distribute final photographs to clients; Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography will use your name and images to complete this order. This Site holds no responsibility for privacy policies on other sites, but endeavours to only work with GDPR compliant companies.
Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography may need to disclose Personal Information, when necessary, in the instance of insurance claim, or legal reason that may occur. Wherever possible Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography will inform those affected prior to the release of Personal Information.
Communication with you
Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography will contact you regarding your enquiry, booking, to collect fees or monies owed, or as otherwise necessary. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text message, messenger and / or postal mail.
In terms of explicit GDPR compliance, clients and guests are photographed within the parameters of GDPR legislation on the basis of ‘legitimate interests’. The taking of photographs of guests when viewed as a form of processing personal data is necessary for the legitimate interests of Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography as a photography business unless there is a good reason to protect a given individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography retains the full copyright of any photographs produced. Images captured at events will be retained for a minimum of two (2) years after the date of the event.
Your Right to Access information or Withdraw your Data
Anyone photographed by Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography, whether a client or guest, and whether past or current may withdraw consent for a photograph in which they appear to be displayed. The process for this is to email specifying the photo in question. After the request has been made, Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography will take the necessary step to remove the image online.
External Website Links and Third Parties
Right to amend our Privacy Statement
Please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this statement.
USING THE WEBSITE
- This Website is a place for you to find out more about us. Unless otherwise specified all content and materials published on the Website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use.
- The information and products shown on the Website are not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. If accessing the Website or using of any material or content on the Website infringes any applicable law in your jurisdiction(s), you are not authorised to access or use the Website and you must exit immediately.
- We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Website at any time without notice.
MODIFICATIONS TO WEBSITE
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- The following applies to any information you provide to us through the Website, which may include your name, address, telephone number and email address.
We may use this information to respond to your enquiries.
We may provide you with information about goods or services, events and other promotions we feel may interest you. We will contact you by email for these purposes only with your consent, if this was given at the time you provided us with the personal data.
We may use this information as necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following: to administer our Website, to better understand how visitors interact with our Website and ensure that our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device. To conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalise the experience we offer to our members and our communications, including by creating customer or member profiles to enable personalised direct marketing communications. To provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you. If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
to (a) comply with legal obligations, (b) respond to requests from competent authorities; (d) protect our operations or those of any of our affiliated businesses; (e) protect our rights, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliated businesses, you or others; and (f) enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage.
- We share your personal data with selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations, such as IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) as necessary to provide IT support and web analytics providers. And electronic payment companies and CRM system companies. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties may access, process or store your personal data in the course of performing their duties to us and solely in order to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
- We retain information submitted through the Website for 7 years following contact with you, as applicable. When you consent to receive marketing communications, we will keep your data until you unsubscribe. Upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Certain applicable data protection laws give you specific rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, if the processing of your personal data is subject to the GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
a) Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal data along with certain other details such as the purpose of the data processing. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
b) Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we share your personal data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
c) Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your personal data, such as where our legal basis for the processing is your consent and you withdraw consent. If we share your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data with so you can contact them directly. We may continue processing personal data where this is necessary for a legitimate interest in doing so.
d) Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the personal data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
e) Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
f) Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data, and we will do so:
(i) If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
(ii) If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing.
g) Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw your consent.
h) Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal data, you can report it to the UK data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office or ICO)
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us as described in section 5.6 below. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
- Questions, comments or requests regarding the above should be addressed to Kate Stoddart-Scott t/a Kate Stoddart-Scott Photography, The Long Barn, Mount Mill Farm, Stratford Road, Wicken, Milton Keynes, MK19 6DG.
MISUSE OF WEBSITE
- You may use the Website for lawful purposes only. You must not misuse the Website, including, without limitation, by introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. In particular, you must not access without authority, interfere with damage or disrupt the Website or any part of it; any equipment or network on which the Website is stored; any software used in connection with the provision of the Website; or any equipment, software or website owned or used by a third party. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack.
- The contents of the Website are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. All intellectual property rights in the contents of the Website (including, without limitation, all text, graphics, logos, names, artwork, photographs and videos) are owned by us or our licensors. All product and company names and logos mentioned on the Website are the trade marks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners. All rights are reserved.
- You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from the Website including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent.
- Any commercial use or exploitation of the Website or its content is strictly prohibited.
- Where the Website contains links to third party websites and resources, these links are provided for your information only. We have not reviewed these websites and are not responsible for their availability, accuracy or content or for any loss or damage that may arise out of your use of them. When you access any other Website you understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. Access to third party websites is entirely at your own risk. You should read any terms and conditions applying to the use of any third party website that you visit and address any complaints or queries relating to such websites to the operator of that website. Please be aware that a link to any other website does not mean that we endorse or approve of or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website.
- You may not use any part of the Website on any other website or link any other website to the Website without our prior written permission.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- All content, materials and information on the Website are provided on an “as is” basis and “as available” basis, for information purposes only and without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Website and use of all information contained within it.
We undertake no obligation to update the Website or to correct any inaccuracies which may become apparent, but reserve the right to do so without notice to you
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the 3) Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Website linked to it.
- These terms and conditions replace all other terms and conditions previously applicable to the use of the Website.